Undoubtedly, mobile apps are ruling the entire world. Developers go neck to neck to stay ahead of their competitors. However, it’s not just the quality, speed and accuracy of the app that one should cater to but also affirms its security. Data breach is one of the most alarming issues the online industry faces and hence all Android App Development Company must adhere to the basic security measures.
Security of mobile apps is one of the most crucial concern as apps fetch private user data and these if breached would aggravate unwanted problems. If the app developer does not induce proper measures while designing the app, then the future of the mobile app industry would start fading. Intruders and hackers seek loopholes in the mobile application so that they can hack data to use it maliciously. This necessitates the need for the developer to pay huge attention while developing apps.
Some of the ways by which developers can keep a check at the security of the app include:
● Use HTTPS as the Key: The TLS or the Transport Security Layer is deemed as the layer responsible for security and hence finds it’s application while initiating communication between the user and server. However, it has been noted that developers at a time leave gaps and does not effectively use this layer. This, in turn, increases the susceptibility of user data to be hacked. Hence, it is advisable that the Android App Development Company use this feature extensively. Using HTTPS instead of HTTP or SSL acts as a secured layer and necessitate the need to provide an authentication certificate before entering any network
● Threat Modelling: Another significant loophole the developers of android app Development Company make is not comprehending data as being used by third-party apps. They make take certain measures so that no data leaks during data sharing. There is a high possibility that the data stored on several devices be used without the person knowing about the same. Hence, when developers aim at testing the app, threat Modelling should be kept in mind. The above process enables a developer to affirm that no data has been breached and the privacy of the user data still prevails. Developers must indulge in performing aggressive testing so that by no chance, the security of the be questioned.
● Restrict Permission: While developers of an Android app development company delve into developing an app, they must strive at the idea to limit the app permission to be induced be minimal. An efficient mobile app does not seek multiple permission from users regarding the use of private data. Here the logic is pretty good, if your app propensate users to keep on submitting permission, it is likely to lose user trust. No user would want third-party apps to access their contacts, images or any other private data. Here, it is seen that today Android app Development Company replicate the idea of iOS and restrict apps from meddling into users data. For instance, when the app permission is restricted, the user would manually need to clean up their disk space when the same overflows.
● Build Code Securely: Here, the thing that requires great focus is keeping the code clean and hard. Simple codes are pretty easy and convenient for the intruders to hack. Agile Development, on the other hand, enables developers to update their code time and again without being concerned about the security of the app.
● Data Encryption: One of the best ways to prevent hacking data of apps, is data encryption. Encrypted data has the least possibility of being read even though invaded. This is one of the best ways to deter data from being used maliciously. In case the intruder gets hold of the private data, even when they are not successful in decoding or decrypting the same thereby keeping your data safe.
With a plethora of app running infinitely at all platforms, their security is of great concern and all Mobile App Development Companies must incorporate measures to attain the same.