Nowadays people nowadays are glued to their Smartphones. Everywhere one goes they can see someone either checking the weather, playing games or, even in some cases, reading books. Today, thanks to this technology, students benefit tremendously as they know immediately that no matter what hurdles they face in their studies, there will be an app ready to help them on their ordeal.
As you can possibly understand as an app developer, there is a considerable scope in the education app niche. However, there a number of things to understand about the audience before you decide to take the plunge to create an educational app.
Understanding The Audience
Students can download apps that can effectively turn their mobile devices into a reliable study partner. Also, given how there are a vast variety of subjects, there are literally thousands of apps available to help students. Many of them are available for free and the ones that require payment usually have a free demo that can help students determine whether the app is worth paying for.
What Kind of Apps Does One Use For Studies?
There are Atlas apps available for Geography students, dictionaries for students of languages, scientific calculators for students who use mathematics in their studies. Some of the popular ones used by students are:
- Evernote: Evernote helps students to organize their lecture notes, make flash cards and to take notes as well.
- Dropbox: This app helps with file transfers from device to device, and it can help keep your documents, pictures and videos all in one convenient, easily accessible place.
- Scribd: Scribd is the world’s largest library with millions of books and documents available in its database for easy browsing via the app.
- Cliffsnotes: This app helps students study for literature tests with theme and character analyses and plot summaries.
- Science Glossary: Students in scientific fields can avail of this app for any help with new terms they may have come across in their texts.
What Does This Mean For App Developers?
App developers can easily integrate themselves in this field. Since the education field is not just limited to students, but can include teachers and entire educational institutions as well, app can be developed for nearly any need. An app could be made for a teacher to help make sure that any student who is absent from class has received the lesson, or for a college, to help new students get coordinated with their classes, or when exams are around the corner, to help schedule time for studies, when to get rest so as to not be fatigued, and when the exam will start so that they are not late.
There is no end, as such. One need only be creative, recognize a need and develop an app to fulfill that needs of an increasing audience!