To fix up the wrongs of iOS 8.0.1, Apple has now released iOS 8.0.2. It is now very much available to users. It is designed basically to tackle issues that affected users who downloaded iOS 8.0.1. (The latest iOS 8.0.2 includes bug fixes and improvements same as in iOS 8.0.1).
An Apple representative informed that issues associated with the 8.0.1 update affected less than 40,000 iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus users, before it was actually removed within 60 minutes of its launch.
As of now, iOS 8.0.2 is available as an OTA (Over-The-Air) download. Soon after the iOS 8.0.1 mess, Apple released a report saying iOS 8.0.2 is in progress to fix problems, available through an iTunes restore.
Apple has not shared any specific reason, as to what exactly went wrong with iOS 8.0.1.this obviously has heated the rumour-market and frustrated Apple-iers even further.
Apple users who immediately went on to iTunes to get updated to iOS 8.0.1 did not report problems. However, those who got the update OTA (Over-the-Air) bumped into troubles quickly.
What does iOS 8.0.2 actually fix?
- iOS 8.0.2 includes the fix for a bug which delayed the launch of apps compatible with HealthKit
- It addresses an issue in which third-party keyboards wouldn’t stick when activated in apps. This means it defaults back to the stock keyboard
- iOS 8.0.2 takes care of an issue that prevents apps from getting photos directly from Photo Library
- It addresses an issue that can cause unexpected cellular data usage on getting MMS and SMS messages
- It will improve the dependency of the Reachability feature on both the iPhones
- It will offer better support to Ask To Buy option for Family Sharing, for all in-app purchases
- iOS 8.0.2 fixes a bug which did not allow videos and photos to be uploaded from Safari
- It will fix an issue in which ring-tones were sometimes, could not be restored from iCloud backups
The Bad News
As thought of initially iOS 8.0.2 has not been completely successful in restoring Apple’s credibility. According to fresh reports, Australian users are reporting glitches on Reddit and other social media channels.
Apple said that – the update should improve Reachability feature on their new iPhone. It would fix an issue that could ‘cause unexpected cellular data usage when receiving SMS/MMS messages’.
While the news forum on Reddit reported that users are continuing to experience problems with their cellular network connectivity and Touch ID.
If reports are to be believed, it seems issues are majorly being experienced by Apple users in Australia. No clarification on the news has been covered so far.
Tricky-Treat for Apple-iers
Apple fans seem disappointed, confused, irate and nothing close to satisfied even after being treated with its new update. Apple-loyalists haven’t yet left hope. They are waiting for Apple to come up with flawless fixes and to better their new, crafty and ridiculously expensive iPhones, soon. Let’s hope it works this time.